You are starting your married life in a new apartment where many things are still missing. You are in the mood for enjoying time alone with the two of you, for example at a candlelight dinner in a gourmet restaurant. But you may also be more inclined towards joint activities such as survival training. You think the traditional bridal registry is a great invention and don't want to miss it even in the digitalized world? Then let your friends and relatives know via a virtual wedding list how they can make the start of your married life even sweeter!
Save time organizing your wedding: Planning a wedding can be time consuming. With an online wedding registry, you'll save time by creating and updating your Wishbob registry together from the comfort of your own home.
Another great way to use an online wedding wish list is to tailor your registry to a new household you are starting. If you are planning to move in together after the wedding, or if you are making a new home in an existing home, you can fill your Wishbob wish list with home decorating ideas.
Wide variety of gift ideas and stores: Unlike the traditional wedding registry, which is often limited to one or two stores, an online wedding registry lets you choose from an endless variety of online stores. From name-brand appliances to exotic vacations, you can add anything you want to your wedding registry.
The advantages for the recipients of your wish list
Perfect gift selection: Your friends and family can access the Wishbob wish list anytime, anywhere, and take their time deciding what they'd like to get you. They don't have to grope in the dark for the right patio furniture or make an unsure choice for the cutlery set. Instead, they can give you something that matches your taste and needs.
Easy and convenient ordering: From your wish list, your guests will be taken directly to the store where they can order their gift online. They don't have to run from store to store or wait in line at the checkout. With just a few clicks, they can make you happy and have the gift shipped directly to their home.
Tips for creating and sharing your wedding wish list
It is important to think carefully about what tangible and intangible things you truly want. By starting to create a Wishbob wish list early, you will have plenty of time to research different options. This way, you can be sure that the gifts on your list are well thought out.
When should you share your wish list with your wedding guests? It's best to send the link to your wish list along with your wedding invitations. That way, your friends and family have plenty of time to think about whether they'd rather get you a city trip to Madrid or two pairs of running shoes.
It's important to keep the communication around the wedding registry engaging and low-key. Emphasize that guests are not obligated to buy anything from the wish list, but that it is there to help and guide them. It is important to you that your friends and family feel comfortable and excited about your wedding.
And how do your friends and family receive your Online Wedding List? There are several ways: The Wedding List link can be shared via email, messenger (WhatsApp, Telegram), SMS and social media (Facebook, Google+). You can also simply include the link to your Wishbob wish list in your wedding invitation.
After the big day
At a wedding, the bride and groom often receive generous, surprising, and useful gifts from their guests. To ensure that you can thank the gift givers appropriately, it is important to keep track of who gave what. There are several ways to do this.
Photographic documentation: Take pictures of the gifts and the gift givers during or immediately after the gift-giving ceremony. You can write the names of the gift givers on the photos to help identify them later. This is not only a nice memento, but also allows you to address the gift givers individually after the wedding.
Written documentation: Ask someone you trust, such as a best man or a close friend, to take notes on the gifts and gift givers as you give them out. These notes can be useful for keeping track of the gifts and properly acknowledging them after the wedding.
Whichever method you choose: Common courtesy requires that you thank the gift givers. Send personalized thank-you cards or letters that mention the gift you received and what the generous or thoughtful gift means to you. This is a great way to show your appreciation, strengthen your relationship, and share the joy of the gifts you receive.
The personalized wish list is the best wish list!
Personalizing your wedding wish list is key to making it special for your loved ones. A personalized wish list is the best wish list! Here are some ideas on how to make your Wishbob wedding registry appealing:
- Photo: Include a photo of you as a couple to the wish list that represents your experiences together. This could be a picture of your first date at a candlelight dinner. It can also show you on a weekend trip to Paris together or at your engagement party at a club.
- Incentive Text: Write a personalized text in your Wishbob wish list that reflects the history of your relationship. This text can be humorous or reflective. Share your mutual dreams, goals and wishes for the future with your friends and family.
- Gift selection: Include items into your wish list that represent your shared pastimes and bonding interests. For example, if you enjoy spending time together in the kitchen, you can add cookbooks or a cooking class to your list.
- Experiential gifts: add intangible gifts to your wedding wish list that fit you as a couple. This could be a gift certificate for a spa weekend or a sports activity you've always wanted to do together.
- Creative design: Use the possibilities of the online wish list to design it creatively. For example, you can include a link to your engagement video or a link to "your" song in the wish list. Friends and relatives will be touched by the testimony of your love and shared history.